Free Online English Learning ResourcesEnglish learning requires a lot of practice, patience and resources. The Internet provides a great way and tool to learn and improve your English. You can find the sites to learn vocabulary, grammar, listening skill, writing and maybe make friends all around the world. Learn English is to understand its sentence construction, phrases, or in general its grammar. But it's not enough. You need to have a lot of vocabularies in diver topics such as sport, culture, politics, economics etc. Listening and speaking are also very important. Try to spell correctly the new words at the first time.
1.EnglishBaby.com A great site that uses fun movies and music to teach you REAL English. English Baby is one of the very best site that offers the listening new fresh lesson everyday with the American accent, excerpt from movies to give you the real English conversation and daily vocabulary. You can also make friends all around the world. They are from China, Turkey, Russia etc. They also offer the chat room where you can chat in real time with a lot of people. Don't be afraid. Try to express the best you can do.2. English Club If you search on the Internet with a keyword "Learning English" you may find this site easily because it is one of the most famous sites offering English learning resources. Started some year ago, English Club helps you learn English or teach English as a second language. Access to all pages is free. You'll find everything from lessons for students to jobs for teachers, including interactive pages such as forums, games, quizzes, chat, help and penpals.
3. English Grammar Quizzes This project of The Internet TESL Journal has contributions by many teachers. To learn means also to pass the test. By taking these quizzes you may know what you forgot and what you need to improve. You can find exercises from easy to difficult levels with varieties of topics and subject ranging from preposition, crosswords, phrasal verbs, conversation, vocabulary etc. Activities for ESL Students has over 1,000 activities to help you study English as a Second Language.6. AskOxford You probably know the famous Oxford Dictionary. This is the online version with a lot of advantage compare to the hardcover book thanks to its richness of resource such as writing tips, grammar tips, ask the expert, the quotes of the day. You can also find the Children Dictionary from this site and other world of English dictionaries such as Australian English , New Zealand English, American English and Canadian English.
7. Using English UsingEnglish.com provides a large collection of English as a Second Language (ESL) tools & resources for students, teachers, learners and academics. Browse the grammar glossary and references of irregular verbs, phrasal verbs and idioms, ESL forums, articles, teacher handouts and printable, and find useful links and information on English. Topics cover the spectrum of ESL, EFL, ESOL, and EAP subject areas.
8. Technical Writing Guide Remember your first letter or your first paper written in English. How difficult they are. Because writing requires a lot and a lot of practices, mostly when you are an English learner. If you are technical student who need to write a technical paper or essay, this site may be a good resource for you. It teaches you in very details of how to write a number, use of unit such as Hz, cm, volt etc. that you may think easy but in fact they must follow a certain rule in English.
9. Common Errors in English Thanks to Paul Brains of putting this book online for free. With this site you can find almost every words that ESL learners confuse easily. It's classed by the ABC. Each word goes with the definition and the list of the mistakes that people usually make.
10. OWL: Grammar, Punctuation, and Spelling Brought to you by the Purdue University Online Writing Lab. In this site, they offer you handouts and exercises on grammar, spelling, and punctuation. they also have PowerPoint presentations related to grammar, and they have an entire section of handouts and resources for English as a Second Language learners that might also prove useful.
12. Learn English Kids from British Council This is the kids version. You can let your kids be familiar with English from very small and they will learn very fast. A Great resource for kids to learn English - songs, games, stories, painting activities
13. BBC Learning English BBC is a great website to be updated with what happening in the world. They also provide comprehensive materials for intermediate to advanced ESL learners from the BBC World Service. You can learn vocabulary from the news, take the quizzes, listening to the story and music. Great!
14. Chat with a robot in English. Yes - you can chat online with a robot. It's a software program that can understand what you are typing and chat with you. Hum, you now don't need to be shy. It's a really intelligent robot that can chat with you like a real native speaker15. Answers.com You may not know that Answers.com is the number 4 in the search industry. You can search for definitions, pronunciation, and even translation of any English words.
16. Special English from Voice of America. It's great to have a website that offers the news and the audio of the article. You can read the news in a simple English and listen to the audio. So you can learn not only the writing text but the pronunciation.
17. Encarta World English Dictionary. With this dictionary you can hear the pronunciation of each word you look for.
18. Esl.about.com About.com is a huge site with a lot of resources and articles for every subject. They offer also a section for learning English as Second Language. Appropriate for beginners to the advanced students, you can find tips on grammars, reading, writing and listening skills. The business English section is also interesting. Try it out.
19. AudioEnglish.Net With over 150,000 pages and 2,500 audio files, this site provides a huge English conversation audio to you.